Directions for Preparing the Scholarly Paper
- Read each of these instructions.
- Read the assignment grading rubric criteria. Your paper will be graded using the assignment grading rubric criteria.
- Review the Recommended Guideline (Links to an external site.). The guideline is a recommended outline only and does not substitute for your assignment grading rubric.
- Review the following link which contains a tutorial for your Week 5 Assignment. Tutorial may look slightly different session to session. Grading criteria and rubric will be the same. Click here for the transcript. (Links to an external site.)
- This assignment is completed as an APA paper. APA resources can be found in your Resources Tab and the library. You are required to complete the paper using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.) . Click on the envelope at the top of the page
- Two or more supporting scholarly references are required. Textbooks and assigned readings are not allowed and should not be used as a scholarly source. Use the Chamberlain Library to locate relevant, scholarly sources.
- No more than two direct quotes are allowed. You should be using mostly your own words to demonstrate your understanding of the topics/criteria for this assignment. Citations and references must be included.
- This is a short, scholarly paper. The assignment should be 3-4 pages in length not including the title page and references page.
- Submit the completed assignment on the Week 5: Assignment page.
- For questions about this assignment, please contact your instructor.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Use APA format in citations and references.
- No more than two direct quotes are allowed. Paraphrasing encouraged.
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
American Association of Colleges of Nurses. (2008). Executive summary: The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. http://www.aacnnursing.org/Education-Resources/AACN-Essentials
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses. (2018). QSEN knowledge, skills, and attitude competencies. http://qsen.org/competencies/pre-licensure-ksas/