Name and define the four levels of change that are necessary to achieve racial democracy.
What is the problem with an individual asserting that, “I’m so tired of hearing about racism”?
Why do people of color come to terms with their racial identity earlier than most whites?
Describe the encounter at the mall of the white parents who had adopted nonwhite children with their white friend.
What did Du Bois mean by people of color having a “double consciousness” (the entire quote)?
How do the authors of your text define double consciousness?
Name and describe the four techniques to hold racist individuals accountable.
What do the researchers in the race traitor literature call for?
Why is diversity management insufficient for dismantling racism (two reasons)?
Give examples of antidiscrimination laws.
Give examples of what William Julius Wilson’ nonracial solutions to end racism.
What did Cesar Chavez say on reflection of a lifetime of leading the UFW (the entire quote)?
Describe how workers in Hawaii formed a multiracial movement against sugar plantation owners.
Describe the Hawaii sugar workers strike of 1946, including how long it lasted.
What did Frank Wu say about the efforts of an interracial labor movement (the entire quote)?
What is the 80/20 phenomenon?
THE JANABI FAMILY: PODCAST EPISODE #78, CASEFILE
1. What is the Triangle of Death?
2. How did the Janabis find themselves in this zone?
3. What were their names and ages? (You will probably have to Google them to get the proper spelling of their names.)
4. Which weapons were civilian Iraqis able to keep for protection?
5. How long did Saddam Hussein rule Iraq?
6. What was Hussein’s eventual fate?
7. What happened to the Janabi family? Their older daughter (see her photos above at age 7 and as a teen)? How were they all situated in the house?
8. Which members of the family survived? How were they able to survive?
9. Who was the initial military investigator of the incident?
10.Who were Babineau, Tucker and Menchaca? Who took the credit for their deaths?
11.Who was Justin Watt? Who convinced him to report what he knew?
12.Why did the U.S. military find it necessary to relax their recruitment standards?
13.To whom did Steven Green initially confess?
14.Which sport (other than getting wasted on alcohol and energy drinks) were the four soldiers engaged in before the attack on the family?
15.How long did the attack on the family take (from the time the soldiers left checkpoint #2 until they returned)?
16.What role did AP reporter Ryan Lenz play in the incident?
17.What sentence did each of the four soldiers receive after their trials?
18.Who said, “I saw them as evil, less than human” at his sentencing hearing?
19.What was Yribe’s fate?
20.The podcast ends with which politician giving a speech on Iraqi freedom?