The mayor and city council members of Seatville have hired you as a consultant to determine the transportation modes within their city. The mayor wants to know where to spend budget dollars to improve infrastructure and transportation modes. Being a diligent consultant, you interviewed 1,255 people during a 16-week period. You determined the following methods of transportation were used:
- 850 residents drove a personal car,
- 200 used public transportation (bus),
- 5 rode a bicycle,
- 50 walked, and
- 150 rode a motorcycle.
Prepare a report that outlines the requirements of your consulting task. In your report, you should include the following:
- Provide an introduction that outlines the problem and gives on overview of the situation as well as a conclusion that sums up your report.
- Develop and explain the probability and relative frequency of the data you found for each mode of transportation.
- Compute the relative frequencies to two decimal places. If you need practice computing relative frequency, watch the Unit II Relative Frequency Example video created by the CSU Math Center.
- Use this data to make a final recommendation of where the mayor and city council should spend their infrastructure/transportation.
Your completed report must be at least three pages in length, and you must use your textbook and at least one other