I need help in answering the following Unit 9 DBP:
Discussion for this week will focus on the Parent Effectiveness Training (PET) which is an effective family intervention strategy for working with at-risk youth.
1. Explain the basic premise and components of Parent Effectiveness Training.
2. Why is this strategy considered to be effective in working with at-risk youth?
3. What legal and ethical issues need to be considered when using this intervention?
4. Find a television show (or movie or book) that depicts a specific parenting situation. Describe which “problem ownership” category the scenario in the clip falls into and why.
5. Discuss which schools (active listening, sending I-messages, mutual problem solving) could be used effectively in each clip and justify your selection.
Please and Thank You