As you have been learning, one key to success in literacy instruction is the use of appropriate strategies to support student learning. Select one strategy from the list below:
- Identifying Important Information
- Generating and Answering Questions
- Summarizing and Synthesizing
- Making Connections
Then select and read at least one current research article that provides empirical evidence supporting the strategy you have chosen. Submit the research article to your instructor via email and write an analytical paper that does the following:
- Identifies the strategy being analyzed and outlines the specific evidence provided to support the empirical value of this strategy, including whether and how any direct and/or indirect observations were used in the research.
- Illustrates whether the research addresses cultural diversity and infers from the research design why this component was or was not included.
- Compares and contrasts the research findings with your own experience as an instructor or as a reader and provides examples to illustrate this comparison for the reader.
Your paper must be two to three pages, not including the title or reference pages. It must be written in APA format per the Ashford Writing Center Guidelines to include an introduction and conclusion. Include at least two scholarly sources, in addition to the course text, for a total of three scholarly sources.
Course text: Literacy: Helping Studens Construct Meaning