Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, read Chapters 9 through 11 from the Wager, Lee, & Glaser (2017) text, and the articles by Adjerid, Acquisti, Telang, Padman, & Adler-Milstein (2016), Cartwright-Smith, Gray, & Thorpe (2016), Marvin (2017), and Richesson & Chute (2015). This assignment is a culmination of your Week 4 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations assignment. You will summarize your Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations from Week 4 and then attach it to your discussion post for a classmate to review.
Reflect back to the proposal you created for the Week 1 assignment to meet an organization’s needs and determine how the components from this week align with your proposal.
Your peer review must include the following components:
- Summarize key points of your Health Information System Case Selection and Proposal from Week 1 to include the concepts from the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations assignment:
- Defend the laws and standards you applied to your Week 4 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations assignment.
- Defend how HIPAA Privacy and Security is exclusively applied.
- Formulate at least one question to prompt a discussion around an area of interest you would like your classmate to address.
- Provide a detailed response to your classmate’s feedback.
Guided Response: Review your peers’ posts and substantively respond to at least one of your classmate’s posts by Day 7. A substantive response is a respectful, professional, and unique response that is at least four sentences in length. Your review should
- Highlight the key points of what you have learned from your peer’s post.
- Make suggestions based on your perspective, research, knowledge, and understanding of the content that your colleague did not consider.
- Identify another law that could be applied that was not mentioned in your peer’s post.
- Compare your findings with your peers.