Read the Baker v. Daves case as attached. Answer the following questions:
1. What is a life interest?
2. What evidence does the court rely on in ruling for Baker?
3. What argument did the Daves make based on the courtroom testimony?
4. Did they rely on anything else?
5. What is the significance of Baker listing the property for sale?
6. What is partial performance?
7. Why didn t partial performance apply here?
8. Can’t the court construe listing the land for sale as proof of the oral agreement with her parents?
Read the Rosenberg case as attached. Answer the following question:
1. What should Pratt have done to avoid being sued for a debt she thought was behind her?