A Summary Is A Brief Piece Of Writing That Presents The Main Idea Of A Particular Reading
– Present main ideas in your own words
– No reactions…. no opinions…no personal experiences!!!! None!!!!
– Include only the most important points.
– Leave out the author’s examples and supporting details.
– Only include the big ideas. That is why it is shorter than the original
– Begin with the biggest idea.
– Include the author’s name, type of reading, and the reading’s title in the first sentence.
++++++++Do not use “ÿou”. I will explain.
Attributive tags-words that point to the original writer
Examples- Smith says, Smith Claims etc.
-1 page summary only
-DONE in 5-7hours