Community Benefit Spending is a requirement of 501(c)3, aka nonprofit, hospitals in order to maintain their nonprofit tax-exempt status. While the regulation for Community Benefit Spending comes from federal law via the Affordable Care Act, states have an interest in the well-being of their citizens and thus in ensuring that health care organizations are filling their requirements. After reviewing the background materials, draft a paper that addresses the following:
- What are the expectations of hospitals regarding Community Benefit Spending as established by policy?
- What efforts have been taken by states to ensure that hospitals are adhering to these expectations?
- Find your state on the Community Benefit Insight website. Provide a detailed overview of the data provided on your state’s performance from 2010-2016.
- Assess how your state performed during this time.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages (title and reference page is not included in page number count).
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.) Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content