Discussion Questions 1
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, explore the following topic. During a global pandemic the sources of power shift and attention is given to the emergent condition. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, nurses have been seen as heroes with many people, marketing, companies and organizations giving support both financially and through praise.
- What sources of power have now emerged for nurses in your organization and in the nation?
- How should nurses and nursing leaders at all levels continue to respond to the pandemic and organizational and national health care using this power?
Discussion Questions 2
People are different and exhibit different personalities. Determining the traits of leaders is an important skill in the study of leadership theories.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, identify personality traits, and answer the following questions:
- What personality traits do you have that aid in your leadership abilities?
- Which traits do you have that hinder your leadership abilities?
- What can you do to lessen the detrimental affects of the traits that hinder your leadership abilities?