DQ (C) – Discussion Question 1 – (CDQ directed at upcoming CLA 1) Graduate Level
Prior to reading this DQ, please read the CLA1 assignment and understand what the
assignment is asking you to complete. Once you have an understanding of the CLA1
assignment, please continue to the paragraph below to complete DQ1.
Using the Library Information Resource Network (LIRN), JSTOR, or any other electronic
journal database, research eight (8) peer-reviewed articles that can be used to answer your
upcoming CLA1 assignment. Your discussion should summarize the articles in such a way that
it can justify any arguments you may present in your CLA1 assignment and should be different
from the abstract. In addition to your researched peer-reviewed article, you must include an
example of the article researched as it is applied by industry (company, business entity, and so
Please note: This article summary should not be the only article researched for your CLA1
assignment. You may (and should) have several other articles researched to fully answer your
CLA1 assignment. The concept of this DQ is to allow students to be proactive in the research
necessary to complete this assignment. You may use your article summary, partially or in its
entirety in your CLA1 assignment.
Important: Please ensure that your reference for the article is in correct APA format, as your
reference in your discussion post. Depending on which electronic database you use, you
should see a “Cite” selection for your article. In addition, there should be a variety of articles
summarized and as such, students should have different articles summarized. Your summary
MUST include ALL of the following in your DQ post (include every item in the bullet list below,
or you will not receive full credit):
Do these in order:
● In correct APA format, write the Reference of the article.
● Clearly state what the article is about and its purpose.
● Describe how you will use it in your upcoming assignment.
● Repeat for a total of eight (8) peer-reviewed sources.
BUS 705 Syllabus
CLA 1 Comprehensive Learning Assessment – CLO 1, CLO 3
Gap, Inc. (Gap) became a household name in the 1990s through its clever advertising and
merchandising strategy that made it largely responsible for making the jeans-and-t-shirt style
ubiquitous during that decade. In this CLA, you will evaluate the pros and cons of Gap’s
strategy, do a SWOT analysis, identify the strategic issues that Gap management needs to
address, and propose action recommendations.
To prepare you for this CLA, read the Gap Case on page 297. Then, review the following:
● A 1:38-minute 2015 video concerning “Why Is Gap Closing 175 Stores in North
America,” that can be accessed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdARiQIrFgE.
● A 2:01-minute 2015 video titled “Gap Inc. to Open Store in India” that can be accessed
(Copy and paste this URL.)
Your assignment: Gap has employed you as a consultant to assess the company’s overall
situation, identify the strategic issues that management needs to address, and recommend a
set of actions to improve the company’s future prospects. Please prepare a minimum of four
(4) APA formatted pages analytical/critical report to Gap management that includes the
1. What are the strategically relevant components of the U.S. Retail, Family Clothing
Stores industry macroenvironment?
2. What is competition like in the family fashion industry? Which of the five competitive
forces is strongest? Which is the weakest? What competitive forces seem to have the
greatest effect on industry attractiveness and the potential profitability of new entrants?
3. What does your strategic group map of the family clothing retail industry look like? Is
Gap Inc. well positioned? Why or why or why not?
4. What do you see as the key success factors in the market for family clothing?
5. What key factors may determine the success of Gap Inc.?
6. What recommendations would you make to Gap Inc. to improve its competitiveness in
the market while mitigating any current and future risks?
*Please refer to the Grading Criteria for Comprehensive Learning Assessments (CLAs) in
the University Policies for specific guidelines and expectations.
this work for Discussion Question. Find out 8 articles that use for CLA paper. summarize each of the articles to answer Clearly state what the article is about and its purpose. Describe how you will use it in your upcoming assignment. 3 sentences for each paragraph, each article needs 2 paragraphs.
Do need website links for references part.